Eastern Dandenong Ranges Trail | Clematis to Gembrook
This scenic 15.5 kilometre walk or cycle in the Dandenong Ranges takes you through Emerald Lake Precinct, Wright Forest and alongside the Puffing Billy steam railway. The trail extends from Clematis through Emerald and Cockatoo to Gembrook.
An interactive map of the trail is available.
Access the trail from:
- Belgrave-Gembrook Road, Clematis
- Edenmont Road, Emerald
- Kilvington Drive, Emerald
- Emerald Lake Park, Emerald
- McBride Street, Cockatoo
- JAC Russell Park, Gembrook
About Eastern Dandenong Ranges Trail
Enjoy scenic views and witness native flora and fauna as you walk through the undulating hills and bushland along the Eastern Dandenong Ranges Trail. The trail is a 14.5 kilometre multipurpose trail which links Clematis, Emerald, Emerald Lake Precinct, Cockatoo and Gembrook. Visitors can view an interactive map that highlights points of interest on the trail.
- The trail is a scenic path suitable for cycling, running and walking
- Bring your dog (on lead) for a peaceful walk amongst the gums and ferns
- The tall eucalypt canopy and diverse understorey of shrubs, ferns and trees are home to a range native fauna
- The trail connects with the townships of Clematis, Emerald, Cockatoo and Gembrook, perfect for coffee breaks along your walk!
The 2.3 kilometre section from Belgrave- Gembrook Road, Clematis to Emerald township runs along the Puffing Billy railway.
The 6.2 kilometre Emerald to Cockatoo section includes:
The 6.5 kilometre Cockatoo to Gembrook section follows Belgrave-Gembrook Road, Fielder Road and the Puffing Billy train line to Gembrook’s town centre.